Tuesday, March 18, 2008

House Arrest







Well I finally am going to start blogging. Not that anyone is really going to read it but at least maybe it will keep me from going crazy while I feel like I am on house arrest! About me, hmm well I am married to the most amazing person I know! I married Lee on December 29, 2005. We are living in Logan, UT aka the coldest place on earth while Lee is finishing up school. He graduates this May so we will finally be moving away! Yea!!
I finally had my beautiful baby boy on February 23,2008 at 7:24 am. He weighed 8 lbs 3 oz. We named him Owen Lee. He is the light and joy of my life! I can't believe how in love I am with this little man and that I could have so much love in my heart for such a tiny little creature! I love my little family!
This past month has been so amazing with so many changes. The last week of pregnancy was aweful and I even went over 3 days!! But after only 13 hours of labor but 2 and half hours of pushing the doctor finally vacuumed out my little fella. Life has been so crazy and there is so much adjusting. I didn't know that newborns could take up so much of your time. I sit around and feed him and burp him and change his diaper and rock him and if he finally goes to sleep I frantically run around trying to get food in my mouth, brush my teeth and put on deoderant. I try to take a shower every day but lets face it...I don't (eww yuck!) I feel like I am a human milk bar!
I think the worst part of everything so far has to be the nursing! I or should I saw we (Owen and I) have Thrush. It is a VERY painful thing. The worst pain I have ever been in in my life. Not Joking. And my epidural had worn off at the end. We are on so many medications trying to clear up this infection. They say it takes about 2 weeks and I have been taking medicine for about a week now. Hopefully by next week it all clears up! It sucks because on top of doing everything else I have to make sure that everything that goes into his mouth (bottle nipples, pacifiers) and my breastpump have to be boiled and sanitized after every use. Not fun. So I am now frantically boiling things in between feedings on top of trying to eat and do basic human things for myself. I am determined to breastfeed though. I haven't given up yet and I am going to continue to give it my best effort till he is at least 6 weeks old. If at that point it's not cleared up, I am going to have to nix breastfeeding for my sake and sanity.
Owen will be 4 weeks old this Saturday. He has already changed a ton. I look at his newborn pics and am amazed at how fast time flies and how much he has grown in just 4 short weeks. I am so happy to be his mommy. I can't wait to see how he grows this next month! My wishes for the next month are, in no particular order:

  • Owen to sleep for more than 3 hours (that's more than 2 hours of sleep for me at any given time)
  • My booboos to STOP hurting and our Thrush to clear up
  • To be able to take Owen out in public
  • Spring to finally make its way to Logan and melt this damn snow!
  • Be able to start working out again and get rid of this last 15 lbs from pregnancy
  • Lee to get a job so we know where we are moving
Well time for me to go feed the babe!

0 comments: