Oh boy, what did we do? haha jk. We decided that it would be best if we could transition Owen into a toddler bed before the baby comes so he doesn't freak out about his crib being used. So about a week ago we bought the bed and put it together and didn't use it yet. I don't know if I just wasn't ready or what. I decided Monday to give it a try. Nap time was a wreck! After an hour of him just getting out and playing I put him in his crib and told Lee we needed to wait longer. But we decided to try that night for bed and I asked around for some good ideas on keeping him in his bed. Night time was actually pretty good. I think because it is dark and he can't get out and play it helps a lot. Then Tuesday I decided that if we are going to do this, we are going to do this and I took his crib apart and got some helpful tips and tried again that dreaded nap! This time we had success, but not after a while of me going in there and constantly putting him back in his bed. I had some good ideas from friends that helped us out a lot so here they are:
1.Instead of using the little toddler railing that only covers the pillow, we bought an actual bed rail that is almost the length of the entire toddler bed. This way he still feels the comfort of being confined but can still get in and out easily.
2.One of my friends suggested having a special nap book that we only read at nap times and I give it to him and tell him that if he gets out of bed I will take the book away and he won't get it tomorrow. I actually let him have books in bed for his nap because it always helped him fall asleep in the past. We used "Go Away Big Green Monster" because he loves it so I tell him if he gets out of bed I will take it away and that he needs to stay in bed and take a nap.
So far it has worked for the past 2 days. I know this is going to be a big transition and take a while before he fully understands.
I have also been changing the look of Owens room since it was babyish and I didn't love it anyways. I bought him some cute bedding and new curtains and a picture at Target and it looks so cute! I will have to post some pics of his new bed and his room when I get it all finished!
I can't believe my baby is turning into a big boy!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Big Boy Bed!
Posted by Melanie at 12:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
i just found a old box at my moms house that has tons of letters and pictures of you from high school! you sent all these pictures of your friends..i was laughing so hard:)
hope you are feeling good!
Post a Comment