Thursday, January 26, 2012

Vegas Rock N Roll

Kinda late, but here are the pics from my 4th half marathon. I went to Las Vegas with a bunch of girls I teach in Lehi. Pretty much every backed out except Abby who decided to run the full! I think I will be sticking with halfs though! It was a lot of fun since it was a rock n roll event however it was WAY too crowded. I believe I read somewhere that 44000 people were running it. We ran in legs and they let us go every 10 minutes. My biggest issue was that I spent the entire race weaving in between people and I ended up getting HUGE blisters on my feet. In fact, I thought of my toe nails was going to fall off! It hurt so bad I could barely walk. My friend that ran it found out later that the pacers were about 10-20 minutes slower simply from the crowds and it was my slowest race yet. She also calculated that she ran an extra half mile simply from the weaving! Believe me when I say it was OVER CROWDED! I did love the atmosphere and the fun of them closing the strip so we could run it at night. I am not sure if I would do that race again, but I do want to do another half as soon as my foot heals up! Here are the pics from the race. I decided to not post all million pics of the fun things we did and just posted the before and after race pictures. We did go to Mystere which is a show by Circue du Soleil and it was an interesting show. I am amazed at the human body and all the amazing things it can do! This first picture is me and Abby at the expo the day before picking up our packets and bib numbers! It is official!Here is me and Abby at the hotel before we left to go run.The other girls came and cheered me on at the end then came and met me in the Mandalay Bay where they started snapping pictures. Nice. Hot, sweaty and not ready for pictures. Then they were like "pose". So in my fuzzy late headed, 13 mile run head I threw up a peace sign. I am pretty gangsta like that!Me and my MEDAL! It glows in the dark even! How cool is that!After Abby finished we wrapped up in our tinfoil blankets and took another victory shot. I don't think anyone really truly grasps the severity of my foot pain. I honestly thought that my toenail was popping up. Every time I took a step it made a clicking feel and I had to limp. I immediately sat down, ripped off my shoes and started inspecting. I couldn't even put my shoe back on after so thankfully Abby had brought some sandals and I limped to the car in those. In case you are wondering, the toenail stayed! Finally, here is the picture of all the girls that came. It was a fun little girls weekend getaway! I had a blast!
One more new post so keep going...

6 comments:

The Obergs said...

way to go! This got me all pumped up to run another 1/2 marathon after I have this baby. And believe me, that's not small feat. The last one that I ran had me convinced that I'd never do it again.... Hope your foot heals up fast.

Marcus Lane said...

awesome!! i love half's! get your hubby to do one now!!

Andrea said...

Great job! You are hard core! I probably would have panicked being in such a big crowd.

hoLLY said...

yay!! good for you!! you are awesome!!

ashlee thompson said...

Way to go! You are way more ambitious than myself.

Lee Jacobs said...

Im very proud of you Baby Girl! I love you!!