Wednesday, June 13, 2012

playing catchup

These past six months have been absolutely crazy! In January, after my run, my ankle started to bother me. I went to a physical therapist and started some light treatment to hopefully heal it. Nope, it got worse. I went to a podiatrist and started with a wrap cast to help it, but no, I ended up in a walking boot for a few months. Meanwhile, I had stopped running and going light in my classes. I even took off 3 weeks. I finally decided to call a sports medicine orthopedic surgeon. He talked to me about doing a procedure called ACP. Basically they take out your blood, spin it, and reinject your plasma into the injury and it helps to heal it. I was in so much pain and at my wits end and decided to go ahead with the surgery. I had to be put out and on crutches for 2 days then I just had to take off a week. Recovery really wasn't bad. It has been about 5 weeks and I feel so much better. I wouldn't say my ankle is at 100% but I would say it is at 90-95%. Amazing! It must be the year of medical expenses for me between my ankle and my forehead!
In February it was Owens 4th birthday. I threw him a really cute Lego party. He loved it. Here are some pictures of that

 
April was when I had my ankle surgery. In May was Lee and Calvin's birthdays. We threw Lee a big bash for his 30th birthday. We had one at our house and another bbq up at his parents house. Both were a lot of fun! Unfortunately, the week of Calvin's 2nd birthday I was horrifically sick. Seriously, I was down the entire week. It must have been some sort of food poisoning. I was planning on doing a party for him but I just couldn't. Lee bought Calvin a little cake at the store and they sang happy birthday to him. Later that weekend when I was better we went over to my parents for dinner and had a little family party for him there.






2 comments:

The Belshes said...

Just came across your blog! Such a cute family!! That sucks about your ankle :( I hope it heals quickly!! I always worry about my knee when I do races. I love racing, but after every race, it gets way sore and I have to take it easy for a few days. Wish I could come take your classes again!! You rock :)

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com