Sunday, May 17, 2009

Kauai!

Well we are finally back from Hawaii! Well, Kauai to be exact...all I can say is it was AWESOME! Just what the doctor ordered! haha. We had an absolute blast and I was excited to see Owen and be a mom again! We went with our friends Kyle and Jana who we also went to Guatemala 2 years ago with, we love to go on trips with them and always have fun! Well here are some pictures from the trip!
This is all day one, we kayaked down a river into Hanalei Bay then we saw this cute valley, went to Sealodge beach and Queens bath and finished with a perfect sunset!
Day 2, we went to Holipoli beach. I kept forgetting the name and starting calling it Rolly Polly beach. Unfortunately, we got our rental car stuck in the sand and had some drunk locals pull it out and jack it up so we had to get a new car. So I guess we will see in a few months exactly how expensive this trip ended up being!
Day 3 brought us on an 8 mile hike roundtrip. 2 miles to a beach of death and 2 more miles to a 300 foot waterfall. It was awesome and took us all day. This hike was no walk in the park...tough stuff. But it was fun and worth it!
Day 4 was our rafting adventure...and Lee's Birthday! Best birthday present ever! We saw dolphins and sea turtles and then snorkeled and Lee touched a turtle. After we went to Kipu falls and jumped off a 30 foot waterfall. I don't have pics because I was too busy playing!
We finished off the last few days of our trip just relaxing and going to more beaches and snorkeling, shopping and we even went to a luau! On the last morning Lee and I got up early to watch the sunrise. It was absolutely bueatiful! I am going to miss it!

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

I am so jealous! I am glad you guys had fun. Some day I will make it to Hawaii

Anonymous said...

it funny.. i recognise(?) some of the pics.. u guys looked like u had fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! You looked like you had a blast! :)

Victoria Elder said...

What an amazing time!! Wow!

Nick and Kandi said...

isn't kauai the best? im jealous. we'd love to go there again