Well Brit's hair finally started to go. She woke up last Saturday with it falling out. She said it just kept coming out and itching her so on Sunday they decided to shave it all off. The doctors and nurses suggest to all the patients that they shave it before it all comes out on its own because it can get itchy and get everywhere and it puts you in control of the situation. Rather than letting your hair loss control you. Of course, Britney being strong and smart, took control and shaved it. Keeping up with her spirits, she shaved a skullet before doing the rest. When she called me on Sunday I asked how she was and she said she was " I am fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair". Haha! Oh how I love you and your sense of humor! Keep us laughing from crying right? Anyways, she truly looks great with no hair! Here are before, during (skullet) and after!
There is a blog going for Britney that is posted and updated almost every day. If interested in reading about my amazing Britney and her battle go to http://britskysbattle.blogspot.com/
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Update on Britney
Posted by Melanie at 3:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mel, I've been secretly stalking Britney's progress blog. Man, I can't tell you how many times I've been brought to tears...and she's a stranger to me!
Seriously though, could you please tell her that I think she looks FABULOUS with her head shaved! If I knew I'd look that good with no hair, I'd shave mine off in a second!
She is truly one amazing person! With everything she is dealing with...she still manages to find the fun and good in it! That's when you know you've found an incredible person to be around!
Please send her my thoughts and love...
she is really beautiful with no hair. what a brave woman. thanks for posting about her!
Brit is amazing, You are amazing, and the rest of you girls. I have NEVER seen such a big group of true friends. You really all have an unbreakable sisterhood. I pray for Britney so much. I only wish I could help. It's hard to help from Chicago darn it!!! It seriously upsets me that I can't do anything for her. I will continue praying and putting her name on the prayer roll at the temple. Thanks for the update. I do stay updated with her blog too. I seriously can't tell you how excited I get to see all you girls from Bingham so close still and such a huge part of this trial in Britney's life. I can tell she wouldn't know how to get through it without you guys.Sorry, it just hits me hard to see how loving you girls are and the deep bonds. I cry so hard every time I look at Britney's blog because of what she's going through and also because of how strong she is. She amazes me.
Post a Comment