Okay, seriously, time to catch up. I find it hard to blog in summer when we are busy. First of all, we had a family reunion up in Idaho a few weeks ago. We didn't do much because it rained the whole time but it was fun to see Lee's side of the family. We don't see them nearly enough. Lee did take Owen on a 4 wheeler ride and Owen loved it. What a big boy he is becoming. It makes my heart sad and happy to see him grow. I am amazed at all the things he is doing and becoming as he turns into my little boy and not my little baby. Sometimes, I ache for him when he was a little baby but then I remember sleepless nights and the ache diminishes.
At the family reunion, they have an auction and people bring either stuff they made or just whatever to auction off and that money goes into a big family account to help pay for the next years reunion. I made some really cute watches and aprons. It is always a good time as the auctioneer is Lee's uncle Jimmy Joe. Yes, that is his real name. He is a dairy farmer in Idaho and probably one of the funniest, rednecks alive. Here are a few aprons I sold.
Owen of course loves to go to Aunt Marians because they have such a great yard to go play in and so many animals. Here he is with Andie and having fun with the dog and one of the many cats. Luckily this cat is probably the nicest cat I have ever come across and is just so happy and lets Owen pet her and tug her and she doesn't even wince.
I love the dog slurping Owen's cheek. Of course he loved it! We always have a good time when we go up to Idaho.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Family Reunion in Wendell
Posted by Melanie at 10:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Your aprons are soo cute!! Nicely done mel.
I love the aprons! :)
I can't believe how big Andie is! She's adorable!
Wow Owen is getting really big! I know what you mean about missing the baby stage, thats why you just keep having more babies! Haha! Cute pictures
Those aprons are so cute! You are becoming quite the seamstress. So still no baby, but will keep you updated.
cute apron! I love it. Nice job:).
Post a Comment