Monday, March 8, 2010

Pill Cocktail


I think I am turning into a giant pill! Seriously, I feel like one of those crazy people that thinks they have every disease and therefore take a hundred pills a day. I am pretty much there. In fact, recently I counted that I take....13 pills a day! 13! That sounds ridiculously unhealthy. But I must point out that 5 are due to pregnancy and 6 are due to a sinus infection and I should be able to stop those next week.
I am in the final stage of pregnancy and man I could not be more excited! I happily took my glucose test and got my blood drawn because that means I am in my 3rd trimester. Luckily I am not diabetic but I am way low on iron (I was with Owen as well). So that added on another pill, the dreaded sicky iron pill. It is green and stinky and makes me sick if I don't take it on a full stomach.
The next day I started my iron pill I went to the doctor because I have been sick for 2 weeks and not getting better. My head and sinuses were pounding and I couldn't breath. Lucky me had a severe sinus infection and so I have been on antibiotics and my head still wants to explode when I bend over slightly. Let's hope it gets better because toddlers and sick mommies don't mix.
I am almost 30 weeks pregnant now! Hopefully only 10 more weeks to go, and hopefully I don't turn into a giant pill before then.

4 comments:

Nick and Kandi said...

I DO NOT envy you being prego. Yuck! And to add to it a sinus infection and a little one... oh my! Good luck!

Levi Dean said...

Sounds like your primed to play DR Mario!

Anonymous said...

poor mel! that sucks!! if it makes u feel better.. im taking that stinky iron pill too... i was enemic w/ morgan too!! i guess i never knew that about us.. one more thing in common!! hope ur better soon and as to the post u left on my blog... the whole wearing black thing is true.. wes even told me i don't look like that.. just a slimming pic!! lol when i get a reall good ankle pic.. ill send it to u!!

Angie and Dallas said...

Oh Mel.. I am so sorry that you have to take so many pills. I remember when I was pregnant and in the first trimester, Dallas wanted me to take Fish Oil so bad because it is great for the baby's brain. Oh they were so big. I gagged them down every time!