Monday, July 28, 2008

Hobble Creek Half Marathon

So good new for me! I have been wanting to do the Hobble Creek Half Marathon in August, but when I went to sign up it was all full. Well, my mom and dad are signed up for it, but my dad's hip has been bothering him and he needs to rest it so he is going to give me his place so I can run! I am way way way excited! I haven't run a half marathon since right before I got pregnant with Owen. I am kinda nervous because I haven't really been training for a half. The most I have run is 6 or 7 miles straight. The marathon is the 23rd of August, Owens 6 month birthday! So that gives me a few weeks to try and build up to at least 10 to 12 miles. Today I did 7, I could have probably done more but I was tired and don't want to overdue it. Anyways I am excited! Maybe this will finally give me motivation to rid myself these last few pregnancy pounds that are stubbornly hanging onto my waist!

4 comments:

Alisha said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great! You should think about doing the St. George Marathon with me next year. I'm really enjoying getting ready for it this year and I'm thinking I'm going to make it a yearly thing. It would be fun for you to come down and run it...and your mom could come run it again too! We could just have a big family reunion running the marathon, how fun! :)

Anonymous said...

You are soo crazy.. im complaining about a 6k... i am working on a whole game of soccer though!!! you'll do great!!

Rachel said...

Wow good luck! You are so awesome running stuff like that, I complain and whine about a mile :)

Just the DAD said...

I'm glad that you are so excited. I wasn't so sure you were, but I'm glad that you get to run. I'll be there to cheer you and mom on.