Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pioneer Day 10K

For Pioneer Day, July 24, I ran a 10k with Shae and one of her friends Veronica. I got up at 4:15 am to leave my house and meet Shae at her house by 4:45 then we drove downtown and met her friend by 5:30 and then the race started at 6:00 am! I didn't officially register so I don't know my exact time, but at home on my treadmill I can usually run it somewhere between 55 and 57 minutes (I have been running a lot). It did take a while to get to the starting line and then I had to stop and take a potty break so by the time I finished the cross line they said it was a little over an hour. I think though if I count the time it took to get the the start line and the bathroom I ended up doing it in around 56 to 59 minutes. At least under an hour! It was a lot of fun, I think I ran it slower than I normally would have because I didn't register and wouldn't have an official time so if I would have I probably would have been faster. Oh well, maybe next time!

This is us right before the race at 5:30 am!
This is my super hot running pose, it is EXACTLY what I looked like when I ran. This was taken right after the race.
Us right after the race, we were all so sweaty and hot!Ok now for the funny Shae story! Right next to her car there was a parked motorcycle. So after the race she decided she wanted to get a picture of her on the motorcycle, she get gets on and right as we started taking the picture, we see two boys driving on a motorcycle and hear them yell, "Hey, get off that bike!" The boys then rode up and it WAS one of their motorcycles!! Ha ha, it was so funny, she was so embarrassed but they were laughing about it and joking, I don't think he was really mad but boy did we feel dumb! What a coincidence that right as we take a picture of her on the bike they happened to ride up! Here are the pictures...

4 comments:

Celeste said...

Way to go!!! I hope it wasn't too hot for you -- YUCK!

Alisha said...

That's awesome Mel! Good job! Keep up the running!

The Timothys said...

holy crap! i was tellin trav how i can't believe how GOOD you look after havin owen and look at you now! runnin 10k's and all kinds a craziness!!! you look awesome!!!

Ali said...

It was fun to see you at the 10K. Good luck on the half-marathon. I too, am having difficulties getting off those pregnancy pounds. I just don't understand how I can work so hard and not see any results. Good luck!