I have been hankering for a while to make aprons but I never got around to it or had fabric or a pattern for that matter. We went up to Lee's on Saturday and his mom had some patterns and had fabric too. So I brought them home and on Sunday I made this really cute reversible apron! It really is so cute, especially on. The pictures don't do it justice. It took me all day and I know I did some things wrong (I won't point them out). But I did it the way I felt was right. The directions were actually pretty unclear so that was the most frustrating part. Maybe I am just new to sewing but it would say "turn out and press" ok, so press down on which side? The right side or wrong side of fabric? After I finished I understood what they were trying to say, however the directions didn't make it obvious so some things were done my way! And I actually think I like it better anyways. So I pretty much finished the reversible apron on Sunday. Took me quite some time. Probably like 4 or 5 hours total. On Monday I just had to do some quick finishing touches. Then after I put Owen down for his nap, I was browsing online and found another cute apron pattern. It is supposed to be made with old jeans, but I had old khaki's instead and decided to try it out. It doesn't require much fabric so I had some old scraps from Sarah's quilt so I decided to make it using that fabric. Once again, I didn't do it exactly like she said. The directions were very clear and obvious. The bottom of the skirt is supposed to be pleated and I tried, but I didn't cut long enough fabric so the ruffle at the bottom is smaller than the website. But it is still cute. Once again, I won't point out all my little flaws, but if I do say so myself, these two aprons are so cute! The second apron (half apron) was really quick and easy and I think I will use the other leg to make another for my friend who is getting married. It took me like 2 hours to make total, but now that I have done it, I think it would be even quicker. Well enough, here are the pics...I am thinking I may add some yellow rick-rack on the pockets and up by the neck on the purple reversible apron. I don't know, maybe I will just get a yellow button to add some detail. Pretty cute anyways though! Anyone wants to make one I am totally down, we could have an apron makin party!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Susie Homemaker!
Posted by Melanie at 1:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
those are way cute! Great job. I love the one using old kakhi's...we should go to that fabric shop -- they have THE CUTEST apron pattern books...we could split the cost?
I want to make one! I just decided that I also want to make a jean quilt.
way cute! good job!
I totally want to make one with you. Let me know if you have an apron party.
Post a Comment