Sunday, December 7, 2008

Owen is Walking!!

It has been quite a while since I have posted so I will update. Thanksgiving was good. We went up to Lee's parents. We stayed the night and the next morning Lee got up at 3 in the morning to go get his Christmas present. An Xbox 360. I was so mad though because I have been saving my paychecks from teaching and I was going to surprise him with it on Christmas morning. I had the best idea ever. I was going to get him a game too and then just give him the game and he would say that we didn't have the 360 then I would pull it out. But he caught me so I let him do all the work of researching the best deal on Black friday and going and getting it. But he was more than happy to!
The main news and I am so dumb for taking so long, but Owen started walking! What the? He is only 9 months old. About a week before he turned 9 months he started to take 2 or 3 steps but in the past 2 weeks he is pretty much only walking. It is hilarious to see him. Because he is so tiny and watching him hold his balance. It is so crazy. He will walk and grab to something then you can just see him staring at his next obstacle and walk to that and start all over. He loves it. I think it is so cute! But it makes me sad kinda. He is my baby boy and now is getting so big he can walk and say "mama". I love this stage he is in so much! He is my mama's boy and is just so cute and so happy and I don't want him to get any bigger. I love him so much!
This past weekend we went down to Cedar City and stayed with some friends we had in Logan. It was way fun. We miss them so much. It was so cute to see their kids play with Owen. He just loves other kids and he had a blast the whole time. The worst part though was he did get kinda sick the first day so we took him in to instacare and he had a mild case of croupe (sp?). Luckily we got medicine and the next day was acting much better. It makes me so sad when Owen is sick. I know every parent probably feels this way but I wish that I could take away his sickness and pain and carry it for him. Especially because he is so tiny and can't talk or communicate his pain so he just cries and I would take everything for him because I just love him oh so much! It made me so sad because his voice was gone and you could tell his little throat hurt. I just love that little boy and I feel like I am going to burst with love. I feel like it is impossible to love anything more. I can't even imagine that it is humanly possible to grow more love. I get scared thinking that when we have more children I won't love them as much but I know that is just silly. But for now...I just love Owen more than anything. I can't wait for Christmas. I told myself that we were only going to get him one toy but I find myself wanting to buy him more and more. Luckily, I have Lee to stop me.
Anyways we had fun in Cedar so thanks to JD and Melissa. We hope we didn't inconvenience you too much! We had a lot of fun and I know Owen did too! We hope we can see you again soon.

3 comments:

ashlee thompson said...

Oh I can't wait to see Owen. I can't believe he is already walking! We really need to get together soon. Do you have any days that work to go see the lights?

Rachelle said...

He is way ahead of the game to be walking at nine months! I feel exhauseted all the time chasing Teagan around already. It will be way worse when he gets his balance and starts running! Our babies are growing too fast!

Ruthanne said...

Wow that is crazy he is already walking! I know how you feel about the sickness, Emily just got over croup and a sore throat and it was the saddest thing ever. I want to see some pictures of Owen!