Well here it is. Oregon was awesome. So beautiful and green and awesome! I couldn't believe how many pine trees there were. And they were literally each like a hundred feet high! So anytime you drive anywhere it was like you were driving through a wall or tunnel of trees. It did make me car sick as I couldn't really look out the windows so I spent a great time being car sick.
When we got there we stayed with the owner of the company and his family and Lee went to work with him Friday and I went around with his wife and her kids and she showed me around. The ocean was awesome. Seriously, so pretty. The trees come right to the cliffs so you don't even have a clue that you are next to an ocean then the trees clear and bam, there it is. It would be so fun to live there. We would be able to go hiking and camping and go do all sorts of fun adventures all the time.
But, there is always a but. We would be so far away from everyone and everything. Although, we were thinking that we could handle it for a few years to get some experience then move back. But that's not what the company had in mind. Basically they told Lee that he could have the job but they didn't want to give him a serious offer unless he could commit to be there and settle there for hopefully the rest of his career. They weren't sure if that was something we could commit to and Lee being the honest person he is told him that it wasn't fair to the company for us to accept the job when we weren't sure if we wanted to be there forever.
So that was that. We were willing to go out there to get experience but they wanted us to commit to a long term time. Plus Lee said he just didn't feel that it was right. He said he just wasn't feeling it. So I will trust my Lee Lee and we will keep the hunt out here for now.
At least we got a little vacation. It was my first time away from Owen and so that was hard for me. I probably called my sister and my mom a lot but it is just hard. I couldn't wait to see that little boy. Although, when we did see him I don't think he even noticed we were gone. Well here are some pictures of the place. It really is so beautiful and awesome!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Back to Square one...
Posted by Melanie at 11:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
well something else will come along hopefully. It has to feel right for you. The pictures were beautiful! I had a great time with little owie while you were gone. He is so darling. Keep a positive attitude. love you, mom
hey thats okay at least he didn't lie and then your stuck there, it would be hard to move away from family especially with baby! well good luck!
That's sad it didn't work out but I'm sure Lee will find something! You have to go where it feels right so it is probably good he didn't take the offer. Good luck!!!
Too bad it didn't work out. Must say, we sure don't want you guys to move far away either! But, whatever needs to happen will happen I suppose eh?
Hope it all works out for you guys!
It would be hard to move out of Utah. Good luck with the job hunt. You just moved though. Why are you looking already? Maybe I need to read a few posts back? I laughed out loud when I read about your little Owen getting out of his crib. That was funny!
It will be ok Melly! Something will come along I'm sure. Hey, you need to post those pics of our night on the town.
Sounds like you guys had a good time, but lots of hard decisions. I know when we went to Kansas in the summer with that job there, it was really hard to decide. You think you can have fun and the propspect of a good job is so enticing, but I'm really glad we decided to stay in Logan even if Reese still doesn't feel like he has a secure job. Keep looking, I know things will work out for you guys because you are such great people. Just so you know we find out what we are having this end of the month so we will keep you updated.
Post a Comment