Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Dinosaur


Owen's 1st birthday is Monday, the 23rd! I can't believe he is one already! Tonight we are having a party at my parents with my family and then tomorrow we are going to Lee's parents to have another party over there. What a spoiled little boy! :) ha ha jk that is how it is supposed to be. Anyways, I have been fretting about his cake. Owen is allergic to peanuts and eggs and it makes baking a whole lot harder when you can't use eggs. I bought this awesome awesome recipe book that has egg free baked goods and it is the best. I seriously love it. I have used it more in the past few months than any of my other cook books total through our whole marriage. So I decided to make two cakes. I made a white cake and an "out-of-this-world carrot, banana, pineapple bundt cake" Both of them are egg free but I wanted people to have options. I decided to make Owen's white cake into a dinosaur so after much fretting and searching I found this real cute dinosaur idea for a cake. I modified it a little (so the candy on it was safer) and this is how it turned out! So cute huh? I am posting it now because I am quite sure that something is going to happen and have it fall or get smooshed or something and I want proof that I did make something cute. It isn't as good as the one I found online but I am still proud of myself and still think it is pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.

6 comments:

Adria said...

Kylee is allergic to peanuts too! The cake is really cute, Melanie:) One is a fun age. Congrats on the job, that's really exciting.

Celeste said...

It was a cute cake! It even tasted cute! Thanks!

hoLLY said...

congrats on the job and Happy Birthday to Owen!

Celeste said...

I tagged you on my blog --- go check it out

ashlee thompson said...

That is so cute!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday owen!! wish we could be there!!