Thursday, October 29, 2009

I am turning into my mother

My mom loves to hang up little sayings or quotes all around her house. If she finds it uplifting in anyway, it will find a way to creep into her house. I always thought growing up that she did it for us kids. Either to help us, to uplift us, or just make us feel guilty! haha. But now that I am a grown adult and have to do things on my own, I have found that I have read little sayings that have helped me and I wanted to hang them up to remind me to be a better person. I am thinking now that she did it more to help herself.
Sometimes, being a parent to a toddler is the absolute hardest job in the world. Hands down. So a few weeks ago, Lee was out of town, hunting, for the 3rd weekend in a row. I was sick with 1st trimester sickness and Owen was being a toddler. Throwing tantrums, crying, whining, etc. Needless to say, I was feeling sorry for myself and decided to order out chinese food. When I finished and opened up my fortune cookie, a higher power must have been at work because my fortune read:

"The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter"

And you know what I did? Hung it up on my fridge where it is still hanging to this day. Sometimes, turning into your mother isn't as bad as you thought.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! I love reading your blog entries!! You are so cute mel!

Rory & Lori said...

That is such an awesome saying! I think that's cool that your mom put quoates around. I think I just might do that. :)
We hardly ever eat Chinese but when I was pregnant with Kaemon we did and Rory got a fortune that said, "A small stranger will soon enter your life" and then when pregnant with Eli his fortune said, "A small lucky package is on its way to you". He keeps them in his wallet. Needless to say we are always weary of reading his fortunes at this time! :)

I don't know if I told you this or not, but congrats! We are so happy for you guys! I hope you get feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i like sayings like that too!

us said...

Its soo funny the things you realize once your a parent.
That is one good fortune cookie fortune, I've never seen one so detailed. It was meant to be :)

Ben and Kelli said...

I love the fortune! And you could definitely be worse people than your mother! You two are great parents, especially with such an out of control rambunctious (and darling) child!