Owen is a path of destruction. I love him to pieces but man, some days, you just wanna rip out your hair. We have a book called "Oops". Owen loves it. It is about a naughty little baby who learns words like "uh-oh" and "oops" by breaking things or spilling things. One of the pages shows the dog (who happens to look a lot like Feebee) with macaroni and cheese spilled all over it and the word "Uh-oh".
Yesterday I made Owen macaroni and cheese for lunch. I think you should know where this is headed. Owen dropped a handful of macaroni on the dog and said "uh-oh". On top of, earlier that morning he had done the same with his oatmeal from breakfast. I think Uh-oh is Owen's favorite word. In fact, I think that sometimes he does naughty things just so he can say uh oh and then come get me and show me.
Today comes and I decided that it was time to give the dog a bath thanks to Owen's "Uh-oh". I give her a bath and try to dry her then I get to work scrubbing our shower/bathroom. Dirty dog stink is not pleasant. While I am in the process of cleaning the tub Owen comes and gets me and says "uh oh". He had gotten into our drawers like he likes to do and pulled out my makeup and smeared my powder all over the carpet in multiple areas upstairs. Luckily, it is only powder so not a bad fix, I just need to go get the vacuum downstairs to vacuum it up. While I am vacuuming up the makeup mess Owen comes and gets me again. "Uh-oh". Oh great what this time. So I say "ok where is the uh-oh" and Owen proceeds to lead me to the top of our stairs where he thinks it is great fun to throw things down to our lower level. Toys, cars, blankets, cups, it all goes down. I look down to see a mess of a million toys and a splattered, broken, bright purple nail polish all over the floor and toys. Seriously? So I spend the next hour picking up toys, glass, sweeping and finally scrubbing each and every splatter with fingernail polish remover. It was the only thing that could get it up.
I think Owen may have learned "Uh-oh" a little too well. Time to hide that book.
Friday, November 6, 2009
Hurricane Owen
Posted by Melanie at 11:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow remind me never to buy that book! I'm sure cassidy will be like that too soon enough! Good luck hope tomorrow is better for you!
Oh my goodness! What a little mischevious boy! If you ever need a little time to yourself, I'd be more than happy to babysit!
All I can say is...just wait. Soon you will have two of them and they will team up against you. Trust me, I know. :)
oh so funny.. morgan always says uh oh too but he just loves the word and says it just casue! if i ever see that bok ill have to make sure that morgan dosn't!
Post a Comment