Friday, July 16, 2010

summer fun

We have seriously had the craziest summer. Life is awesome. Owen has decided that he needs to come in our room and try to get in bed with us EVERY night. Then he wakes up at 6 and immediately says "mommy go get baby". He is so in love with Calvin it is outta control. He wants to kiss him and pet him every second. It is funny because when I am holding Calvin and talking to him and giving him attention, Owen tries to out-do me and comes up and starts kissing his head a million times and saying "hi baby boy". It can get a little annoying when he won't stop or when Cal is sleeping but I am just grateful he is being such a loving brother. Owen is starting to talk so good and he makes me laugh the things he does and says. Sometimes, he doesn't make me laugh like yesterday we were in the kitchen eating a snack when Lee texted me and asked me to put his clothes in the wash. Of course being the perfect wife I got right up and immediately did it. As I was finishing, Owen came upstairs and said "Owen turn. Hot. Turn, turn, hot". His hand was also mimicking him turning a knob. I asked him "What did you turn Owen? Did you turn on the oven?" and he said "Oven, turn, hot". When I got downstairs, you better believe he pushed his chair to the stove and turned on one of the burners. Luckily he didn't touch it and he knows it is hot and not to touch it. I tell you what, that little boy catches on the everything. His little eyes pick up everything!
Anyways, we have been having fun playing this summer! Owen sure loves his friends. He is obsessed with his swimming suit and wears it almost every day. We bought him a little pool and our neighbors have a slide we put in it. Then our other neighbors bought a slip n slide that we put on the hill by our house. Every evening is a party here! haha. To top it off, we have all sorts of toys in front of our house and his wagon and bike and sidewalk chalk...well sometimes I feel like our house looks like the ghetto house of the neighborhood with all the stuff but I guess it just shows that Owen is having a great summer. (we hired a great decorator to draw all over our door with chalk. If anyone wants to hire him, he charges $100 a door) Calvin still sleeps like 90% of the time so next summer he can enjoy it. I just love summer and am not looking forward to it ending!
Here is Owen throwing one of his many, famous, super fun, temper tantrum fits. I don't know what it was about but someday I will show him this and tell him I hope he has a son just like him! haha :) jk I LOVE this boy, it just makes me laugh!

5 comments:

Lee Jacobs said...

We have had a super fun summer! I love our two boys too, they keep things interesting, haha.

Jenelle said...

I can totally relate to everything you say about Owen because Madi and Owen are really close to the same age. Madi does the temper tantrums and is always getting into mischief too! Gotta love it. Glad you guys are having such a great summer!

Nick and Kandi said...

This post made me laugh so hard! Lee used to tell me that he wasn't gonna have kids. So I'm glad he got a little boy so full of life and energy! :) I love the crying picture. I'm a mean mom cuz I think they're hilarious and always take them of Zoey!

Lee Jacobs said...

I think you are making things up Kandi, I dont remember saying that and I remember everything, just as Melanie haha.

Lee Jacobs said...

i meant ask Melanie