Thursday, July 1, 2010

boys, boys, boys

Life is getting crazier by the day! But I do love it. Owen just loves being a brother and just adores Calvin...a little too much if you ask me but he loves to kiss him and wants to hug him all the time. He tries to hold him but I don't let him. In fact, last Sunday Calvin was laying on the floor kicking and looking around and Lee and I were in the kitchen talking and Owen said "hold baby" so we looked over to see Owen holding Calvin. He had wrapped both his hands around his waist so Calvin was just drooping in his arms. We both said "Put the baby down" and I started running over there just in time to see him "put the baby down" by dropping him. Luckily it was a short fall and both boys are still fine. We should not have told him to put him down but that was our first instinct. I know Owen was just trying to love him and hold him and that is just something I gotta expect when I have a 2 year old and a newborn.
We finally took Calvin to church at 6 weeks old. He looked adorable! Man I know how to make good looking kids! :) Here he is all handsomed up for church! SOOOO Cute!
Calvin is funny in that he does not like to be swaddled. Since day 1 he sticks his legs straight out so they don't curl up and then he fights until his arms are free. Here he is fighting his way out. haha
Calvin is definitely growing and not looking like a newborn so much anymore. Makes me so sad but he just gets cuter every day. Any day now he should start smiling so hopefully that happens soon.
He hates his binky but is doing pretty good without one. He sleeps pretty good usually from around 8-9 pm till around 3-4 in the morning then again till 6 then sleeps till 8 or 9. So technically he is only waking up once. He is in his own crib and has been for about a week or so. I sleep so much better and feel more relaxed not having to tiptoe around at night. He is being a champ and I think he likes looking at his bumper pad in his crib.
He just has the cutest little face that I want to kiss every second!
Owen is being Owen. Wanting to play every second, throwing fits, waking up at 6 am and wanting to go see the baby, throwing fits, playing outside, throwing fits...did I mention he is throwing fits? haha jk but really, I am so ready for the terrible 2's to be over with. Literally, he comes running in our room 6 in the morning bright eyed and ready to run! He wants to go outside and play with his water toy so I usually sit on our porch in my pajamas while he plays in the sprinklers or the water toy at like 8 am. We have a few neighbor friends that come out a lot too so usually he has a friend to play with him. Yesterday he was being just wild. Seriously, I NEEDED a break. I would have given anyone 100 dollars to just take him for a few hours. I had a lot I needed to do and he kept throwing fits if he didn't get his way and then when I got him happy it was time to feed Calvin or whatnot. Anyways, I was getting so frustrated with him so I told him I just wanted to go drop him off at the funny farm (I don't know what that is but it sure sounds a lot better than what I really wanted to say). Anyways, he got really excited and ran in his room and grabbed his shirt and shorts and brought them to me saying "farm, farm". poor kid just wanted to be dropped off at the funny farm.
I am finding that I am getting really busy and hardly have time to do anything that needs to get done. Our house is always a disaster, I can barely sneak in showers (I don't bother doing my hair or makeup because that is just out of the question). I forgot how much work babies are and to add the craziest, wildest 2 year old on top...well, we have a fun, fast paced life. I really do love being a mom to 2 kids. To be honest, I like it more than 1. Even though it is crazier and harder, I am feeling more complete. I don't know why, I just feel like my family is coming together and I feel so happy that Owen and Calvin have each other.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. That is so funny about the funny farm. I love me some Owen.
Love you Mel!!!