I am a mess. I am not going to lie. I am literally freaking out. I hate feeling this way. Calvin is 10 weeks old today and still no smile. Everything I read says 4-6 weeks and it is over a month past due. It may not seem like a big deal but the reason I am so worried is because that is a sign of autism. He also doesn't hold eye contact very long. He sleeps at least 20 out of the 24 hours so he doesn't get much interaction. I don't know what to do. I want to wake him up every second and play with him and get him to be happy and social and smile. I am so worried because I just love him with all my heart. It kills me that there is nothing I can do but sit here day in, day out and wait. I am such an anxious person and I want to know that it will all be ok. But I don't. He probably is fine. At least that is what everyone is saying. But when you are the mother, it is so hard to look at your precious baby and wait for him to develop like all the other babies. I love him and no matter what happens, I will always love him. It is just so hard to wait. I over analyze everything and obsessively worry about him literally every second. The worst part is that I just have to sit here and wait, wait, wait.
Please, keep my little baby in your prayers.
Monday, July 26, 2010
worried
Posted by Melanie at 12:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Mel, I love you and you and your family will be in our prayers. I am a worrier too; parenting is hard! You are an awesome mom and no matter what, your handsome boys are so lucky to be in the family they are. Best wishes to you and your little Calvin.
I am a worrier too so I know what you mean, but all babies develop differently. Cassidy didn't smile until she was about 9 weeks old. If you are really worried I would call your pediatrician and ask them if there is any need to start worring, they would know best.
You're going to think I'm weird but I look at your blog on occasion :) (I was a friend of Lee's in High School) but I just had to comment and tell you the first thing that came to mind was - have Lee give him a blessing. And you. At least for the comfort and strength to get through whatever comes your way. Which may or may not be anything. And I'll keep your little guy in my prayers (you're kids are darling!)
We'll pray for you. And I agree with Melenna. Have a blessing...
oh honey! i do the exact same thing with my kids, and i think it's totally normal to worry about where they are compared to everyone else. try not to think about it or you will drive yourself crazy...easier said than done. i will for sure keep your little man in my prayers.
Worrying about your child's health is the scariest feeling in the world. Is his pediatrician worried about it? Maybe you could get him into a specialist? I am so sorry for what you're going through, we were right there with Eli when he was a newborn and it is seriously the worst. I agree with the comment above mine, a blessing is really the best way to go. WE will keep him in our prayers and please keep us posted!
Hun, it is so hard not to compare our kids to other kids and what they are doing, but there is no reason to freak yourself out about something that is probably not even true.. Just hang in there and enjoy every second with the little guy! They don't stay small long, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you find comfort.. everything will be ok :)
Post a Comment