Sunday, August 8, 2010

Angels among us

Do you believe in Angels?

We have had so many prayers and blessings be sent our way and it is amazing! I am so thankful for all the many friends and family we have that love and care about us. Lately, Calvin has been giving small smiles. Not necessarily at us, but once or twice a day he looks really happy and stares at the ceiling or fan or whatnot and gives a few half smiles. The other day I took Calvin in his room to feed him and put him down for a nap. As I was feeding him he was looking past me at his wall and staring intently, he then smiled. After that he followed his eyes upward looking over my shoulder and smiled again. Then his eyes rolled around to the other side and he smiled yet again. At that moment, I remembered a blessing I had that said that when I needed comfort that angels would surround me. I always personally felt that babies can see what we can not. They are so fresh from heaven, how can they not? The week before this happened, Lee's grandma had passed away. She never got the opportunity to meet Calvin. I wonder if perhaps she was one of the angels meeting her great grandson and making him smile at her? I like to think so. What do you think?

Do you believe in Angels?

3 comments:

Nick and Kandi said...

That is so good! I'm certain it was her. I hope he continues to smile!

Anonymous said...

So thankful for answered paryers! and yes! there are angels amongst us!

Jami West said...

I'm sure you know my answer to that. I know there are Angels among us. Jackson was only 6 months old when my sister passed away and I would find him waking from naps giggling hysterically and playing with someone but with someone I couldn't see. He would also smile at something or someone I couldn't see all the time. He would react to things I couldn't see or hear.
When Jacob was born he would smile and look intently at someone I couldn't see too. I know it is my sister Nikki. She will always be with us when we need her and I'm sure it is the same with Lee's Grandma. Thank you for posting this Melanie.