Sunday, August 15, 2010

First smile :)

This morning Calvin looked at me and let out a big smile. First REAL one! :) Today, he is 3 months old exactly. Of course, it didn't happen again, but it was there and we were looking at each other in happiness and both of us had big happy smiles on our faces. What a day!
Yesterday I took Calvin to the pediatrician to check up on his development. Nothing new there. She is a little concerned but there is nothing we can do this early on. We just have to keep our eye on him and if we start to notice a trend in delays then get him help as soon as we can. Whatever, I am just going to go on with my life and love my two little sons and do what I need to do. I am still concerned and just sick with worry, but I think that is just what being a mom is about. Some days are good, some are bad, all are hard but all are rewarding.

3 comments:

Chantelle Olsen Peavler said...

I am SO SO SO happy to hear that he is smiling. My heart has broken for you with all the stress you have been under. You are such an amazing mom and I look up to you for how strong you have been through all this.

Lauren said...

Yahoo!

Just the DAD said...

Just the first of many smiles, sweet girl! Yes, you're right, our life is filled with summers. Summer good 'n summer bad.

Love ya, Sweet girl,
DAD