Monday, April 21, 2008

We put an offer on a house


So we have been looking and looking and looking for houses to buy. We really want to buy because the market is good for buyers but honestly, in Salt Lake County, everything in our price range is crap! We went to so many areas and so many houses and they were all in really scary areas, in really scary, ghetto neighborhoods and not to mention some of the houses stunk like an uncleansed body area! Now from the beginning, we have kinda been against townhouses. I have heard a lot of horror stories about them not going up in value, etc. but we decided to just look around at those too just to get an idea. Well we were down in Saratoga Springs and went to look at a town house. It was an end unit on August Dr. so we go to August Dr. see and end unit and go to open it up. We walk inside and just barely start to look around and my friend Heather, who is our real estate agent, says, "oh crap this is the wrong unit". Now Lee and I were really liking this one but we left to go look at the original one we came for. It was the same set up but not quite as nice. We asked if Heather could call the real estate agent on the other one and ask how much they want and if we could look at it. She did and they were asking what we wanted and he said we could go look. We went in again and actually got to walk around the whole place and just fell in love. The basement is finished and get this, includes the entertainment system, surround sound, and 60 inch plasma TV on the wall! It is already painted and we love the colors and wouldn't really need to do anything but move in! The house is 2350 sq feet! It is huge and it is light and has lots of windows and very open (which was part of the reason I didn't like townhouses to begin with, I felt like they were dark and skinny). And there isn't a townhouse on our left. It is a big grassy area so Owen can go out and play there. There is also a little park and play area really close. Anyways Lee and I both felt so good about this place and we just knew it was the place. The weird thing is that we had been praying that we would be led to the place we should go and it just so happened that we walked into the wrong house and it ended up being the right house! Crazy! It was literally like we were led there and walked right in. I don't know how to explain it, and I am sure everyone who has bought a house knows what I am talking about, but you both just know. So we decided to put in an offer and they have until tomorrow at noon to accept or counteroffer. I am so excited! I have not once thought "oh maybe we shouldn't" or "maybe we should just keep looking" or anything like that. I just get so happy and excited! I really know that we need to be there and I don't know why. I know it is a townhouse but at least we aren't throwing away our money on rent and in a few years when Lee is making more money and we have gained a little equity then we can move on up and into a house but for now I know that this is our place. And we will be having parties in our awesome basesment so everyone will have to come over! I will keep you updated on whether they accepted or countered.

Ok so I just found out they accepted our offer! New home, here we come!

6 comments:

Ali said...

That looks like a very cute townhouse. I would be so stoked about the theater in the basement. That is what I have ALWAYS wanted! Come look at my blog. Its alimarchant.com. It was so great to see you tonight. Owen is such a cutie. Good luck with everything! We will miss you guys.

Idontcare said...

Beautiful.... now just let Chris and I come live in the basement!!! :) hehe I'm so excited to have you guys down here with us!

Marsha J. said...

Yea - I'm glad you got it - that Owen is a love. Next time I am up I will come and visit you in your new "home". I am so pleased for you both and love you lots. Marsha

Andrea said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

Rachelle said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you! (I'm also very jealous!)

Alisha said...

Congratulations! It sounds absolutely beautiful!! How exciting!