So for those who don't know, or we haven't told yet...Lee lost his job. Unfortunately due to the economy and no work available they had to let him go. He literally just sat at work and did nothing for 8 hours most days. Not that he wanted to, he really wanted to work, but there was nothing to do. So they told him that there was no forseeable work in the future but if there was, they would hire him back. And right now is a really bad time to be looking for work as an engineer. NOBODY seems to be hiring.
I have never met a harder working, honest person than Lee. The past 2 days he has spent most of the day online e-mailing out his resume and calling company after company. He is really working hard to find a job. I just feel so bad because he is seriously the greatest person ever! He works so hard, he is so kind and honest and just a really great guy. I wish that people could just give him a chance because I think he would be such a great asset to any company.
So we are broadening our horizons and looking for work really anywhere. We may end up having to move and that's ok. As long as I am with my two men I am happy (Owen and Lee).
So if anyone knows of a civil engineering job let us know! I am also trying to find an evening job so that we can at least be bringing in some money. I am just thankful that we all have our health.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
He works hard for the money
Posted by Melanie at 11:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
My husband and I have a great business opportunity for him! Give me a call 910-2898 or email me teamaria416@hotmail.com. He can come learn about it tomorrow night.
Mel! I'm so sorry!! I had NO idea! I hope he finds something quick.
I'm so sad for you guys. My family definitely knows how hard it is. I hope that Lee can find something soon. I'll keep you guys in my prayers. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.
Im so sorry! you guys are in our prayers!
I didn't know and I'm sorry. You are right though Lee is a great guy and any company would do good to hire him! Good luck.
Oh sad!!! Sorry!! My hubby works for an HR solutions company.. they accept resumes and help people find jobs. All different types. If Lee wants to send him his resume, Lance can try and help find something also. Sometimes anything will help! Let me know.
i'm sorry to hear that. are you guys in utah right now?
Mel I'm so so so so so sorry! I had no idea!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
well it's only really HOT for about three months and then it's super nice out! it's in the high 70's right now, we've had a crazy winter! hopefully he finds something soon. what part of utah are you in?
I am so sorry for you guys! Times are so scary right now. I know Reese has been getting nervous because they have been letting a lot people go out the university. Let us know if we can do anything, even if it is just cheer ya up somehow!
If Lee is looking for something to do while also looking for a job, have him talk to Will. Will just started working for this new sales company and they even offer health benefits.
I'm so sorry. I agree with you, Lee is such an honest, good person-any company would be crazy not to hire him. It would be sad if you guys have to move away but maybe a good experience. A few people who Rory works with have lost their jobs recently and they were excellent employees so it's kind of scary! It seems to be happening more and more but luckily Lee is done with school and has experience, he should be able to get a job! Good luck, our prayers will be with you guys!
Hang in there! Something will pop up, just keep a positive attitude. love you and I hope we can find you something here so you won't have to move away. I would cry! love you mom
I was just going to say what Tiff said, so get in touch with their company and see what they can do. In the mean time make sure to apply for unemployment!!
Post a Comment