Friday, January 2, 2009

Rub a dub dub, three men in a tub...


The butcher (Owen cuz his daddy likes knives), the baker (Tate cuz he loves to eat his bottles all by himself) the candlestick maker (Ethan cuz he is the baby and that is all that is left).
So for Christmas, I didn't take any pictures...mad, mad, mad! Why?! I don't know? It didn't even cross my mind. I have never been the one taking pictures before. So we just bought a tiny tree had it on our end table so that Owen couldn't grab at it. I did take the video camera out and record the morning of for a bit. It was fun to have our first christmas all by ourselves at our home. I loved it. Owen also got a ton of great presents! He definitely was spoiled from his grandparents. Thanks everyone!! :)
Now for the above picture. On New years, we had Adam, Jill and Tate and Jake, Heather and Ethan come over. We decided since we all have kids and they have early bedtimes then we could hang out for a bit then put them down and go in the basement and party. We made homemade pizza's and breadsticks which were way yummy and watched our kids play. At around 7:30 pm Owen got his tired face on and started to fuss around so we decided to give all our kids a bath together for fun. It was so cute. Tate peed on Owen. But it was fun. Owen got pretty overwhelmed though because all us adults were in there laughing and taking pictures and I think it upset him.This is Owen getting frustrated in the tub. We ended up taking him out right after I took these. You have to take pictures of your children like this!! HAHA! We then played the Wii and us girls talked till about midnight while the boys were downstairs playing Xbox 360. Typical. After we said happy new year and kissed our men, we watched Eagle Eye. By the time we got to bed it was 3 in the morning! Ahh! I haven't stayed up that late since way before Owen was born. And the crappy thing is, no matter how late you stay up, you know your child won't and you have to wake up when they do. So lucky Lee got the job of getting up with Owen while I slept in till 9:30. What a great husband! This year has been the best year for us! I am so thankful for everyone and I am so thankful that Owen was born! I hope everyone has a fantastic year in 2009!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a haapy new year.. our consisted of uhmm -45 and alot of tv and food just the 3 of us... in our humble abode