Monday, January 26, 2009

A new adventure?

Well it is the start of week two of unemployment...fun stuff. It actually has been really nice having Lee home. I think he finally realizes how hard it is to be home all day with a child. It has been fun to be with our little family all day long! Lee has been trying really hard to find a job. He has literally sent his resume to at least 50 companies. At first we were just trying in Utah...but everyday we expanded our looking area. He also has called almost everyplace but literally NOBODY is hiring. We do have one company that is really interested in Lee and we are almost positive that they will give him an offer. It is out of state, but to be honest...I am really really excited about the prospect of moving away. Especially to such a cool place as this company is. It would be the funnest place ever. Before I say where it is, I will explain about it. It is right on the coast but it is mountainous, so we would get both the ocean and mountains. It is really green and pretty and has a ton of pine trees. There are sand dunes pretty close to go to as well. It doesn't snow in the winter. On average the winter temps are 30's to 60's and summers are 60's to 80's. So not too hot, not too cold. So ready or not here it is.....duh duh duh... Coos Bay, Oregon. Pretty random but also so fun. It is the cutest most quaint town I have ever seen. It looks absolutely awesome. It is a small town. The population is only 16,000. For your viewing pleasure here are a few pictures of the area...absolutely beautiful!!!

So we still are not 100 percent on this, but we are more sure than not. We hope it happens because it would be a really great opportunity for Lee to get some experience. So we may be embarking on a new adventure! How fun! We should know for sure in a week or two for sure so keep posted!

9 comments:

MD said...

As much as I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want you guys to move away...that place looks beautiful! Perhaps a road trip up to visit would be in order? :) I hope everything works out and Lee gets a job soon!

Celeste said...

I can't wait to come and visit -- for like a month...ha ha ha ha

hoLLY said...

WOW!! that would be awesome! good luck!

Anonymous said...

wes served there on his mission and loved it!!!

lisa said...

But I will miss you! boo hoo I will just have to come and visit every month or so, make sure you find a place with an extra bedroom for me love you, mom

Sarah said...

I just found out, Wow! Oregon sounds awesome, I hope that it works out for you guys!! You will be in our prayers for sure.

Adria said...

wow it looks so beautiful there! we will keep our fingers crossed that he gets the job!

ashlee thompson said...

That would be so sad to have you guys move, but also sounds so exciting! I think living on the coast would be awesome. So much fun. By the way I went to the doctor today and will find out the end of Feb. what we are having!

Rory & Lori said...

That would be awesome! My family lived in Oregon for about 6 years when I was little and we loved it. We went to many of the beaches there and it is amazingly beautiful! Good luck, Lee!