Thursday, January 8, 2009

My little Hamster

Oh how Owen loves to play! He is growing up so much every day and my heart just aches in happiness and sadness. I am so happy he is growing and is so big and smart. He is the smartest kid I know. I am so proud to be his mom. I cherish every second we get to play together because I know this time will pass. I am sad because I don't want him to grow up, I wish he could stay this little perfect age forever. He is a perfect child in every way. I love his big happy smile when he sees me and I love how he wants his "mama" all the time. I love his big curious eyes and I love how his lips turn into big duck lips and his eyebrows furrow when he is figuring something out or concentrating. I love to watch him explore every inch of every place because I know he is just trying to figure out his little perfect life. I love his running open armed hugs and I love him. Sometimes just thinking about the love I feel for him makes me break down into big alligator tears. I could not even imagine being able to feel this much love for another being until he was born.
If anyone knows Owen, they know he does not know how to sit still. He just loves to run and play. I guess thats why he started walking at 9 months! Some of his favorite games we play together is I will pull out the blankets and make a tent. This will bring a smile to his face any day. He loves to be under the tent crawling around. What a new adventure it is. Also he loves to crawl through small spaces. He tries to crawl behind our couch or really any furniture that looks like a little tunnel. If Lee or I are sitting on the floor with our backs against the couch or wall, he will crawl though. He even tries to crawl through our legs and arms when we are laying on the ground. It reminds me of a little hamster. With his love for tents and tunnels. We really have to look into getting human sized hamster tunnels for him! :)

5 comments:

lisa said...

He is the most adorable of all! Your right about the time going by fast. I miss the time I had with you and the other kids during your toddler years. They are the greatest! It's great that you can spend your time with him. Love every minute. Love you, mom
P.S. YOur birthday is coming!

Adria said...

Ok Hardy girls I just saw all your comments on Lindsey's blog!! My blog is set to private so email me your address so I can send you an invite..age_renea@hotmail.com
Adria

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

Oh Melanie. Thank you. How are you sweetie! What a nice suprise to see my old friend on blogspot! I'm so happy we all are connected once more. You have a beautiful family!

Ruthanne said...

I know how you feel! It's so awesome being a mom and watching your kids learn and grow, Owen is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys!