I have been such a slacker lately! I hate when people don't update in a long time. I have been pretty busy. I have been making 2 baby blankets for 2 of my friends who are having boys. Lee's mom had made me one almost identical to these so I used some of her leftover fabric, bought some of my own and got to work. These blankets are a lot more work than you would think but I think they are absolutely darling! This is the first one I made, I am still in the process of binding the second one. (But it is pretty much the same).
Secondly, I am going to Hawaii!! Yahoo! I have never ever ever been and I have always wanted to go. I especially want to go before I get old, fat, and ugly! haha. So we are going with our friends Kyle and Jana that we went to Guatemala with. We love to vacation with them! For one, we all just get a long and everyone is laid back so there is never drama, and second, Kyle is the dad. Meaning, that he loves to find all the deals and whatnot and where to go and when and plans the ENTIRE trip. So basically, he finds us good deals, we pay and have a 100% stress free vacation!! Guatemala was the same way and we loved it. We are going to Kauai and staying in Princeville. I guess it is on the North shore and the ritzy part of the island so it will be really nice. I am kinda sad to leave Owen for a whole week, but I am sure I will get over it quickly while I am there! We are going in May so that means only 2 months to get off this baby weight. I have been following my points for weight watchers this last week and think I have lost about 3 pounds. I tell you, nothing is more motivating than a trip where you will be required to wear a swimsuit! Hopefully I can get 5 or 10 more pounds off but if not, oh well.
Finally, to end on a cute note. On Sunday we have to wake up Owen from his nap to get him ready and go to church, I opened his door to wake him up and found this...
I am sure every mom agrees that watching a baby sleep is one of the sweetest things ever! Oh and for the record, he doesn't sleep with a pillow, I put it in his crib because he was sick so I was trying to get him to sleep upright a little so he didn't get an ear infection.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
baby blankets, Hawaii, and the sweetest thing...
Posted by Melanie at 11:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I have always wanted to go to Kauai! We went a few years ago but stayed on the main island, it was still a blast! Good luck with those few extra pounds:)
Awe -- cute quilt! You have more patience than I do, sister! Thanks for letting us come play today.
You're so lucky to go on a vacation! We were thinking of going to Guatemala but now I guess we are just going to save up for a house! I saw Jana at Circle of Life a couple weeks ago (no, I am not pregnant) and I said hi to her but I don't know if she remembers me or not. It was kind of funny.
That picture of Owen sleeping is so cute! I know it's bad...but I let Eli sleep with a pillow now. He just sleeps so much better!
those blankets are soo cute... and kauai!! yeah!! thats were we stayed a couple of months ago but we stayed in poipu!! u have to get the ultimate kauai guidebook.. it tell s the best places to eat and activies!! ull have soo much fun and know why we try to go as often as possible!!
Just have to say that blanket is so cute. I'm in the process of making a bumper for our cradle that matches it. I love it! Thank you so much and by the way I'm so jealous of your Hawaii trip you guys will have a blast. It was great to see you last week!
Holy moly, my gut is completely hanging over my pants, that looks freaking gross.
Post a Comment