Thursday, March 19, 2009

If you thought your day was bad...

Mine was probably worse. In fact, worst day ever! So after lunch, I decide to venture out and try to see if I can find a swimsuit for Hawaii. (Let's also say this is a pretty embarrassing post too). Anyways, I get Owen and buckle him up and head to Kohls. We get there, unbuckle Owen and start looking at swimsuits. First of all, I know this, but I didn't obey. Never take Owen shopping ever. While I am trying to look at swimsuits he is running all over and keeps running away from me. He thinks it's hilarious. So I am grabbing him and just grabbing at swimsuits hoping to grab my size. After chasing Owen down at least 6 times we go into the dressing room. I hate dressing rooms that don't have walls that go all the way down so I am trying to try on swimsuits meanwhile Owen is trying every second literally to try to crawl out and away. I was doing a pretty good job holding him back.
At this time (here comes the embarrassing part) I had found 2 or 3 I was debating on. So I take out my phone and take pics of me in the ones I liked. You know, you gotta compare side by side. Plus its different than seeing it in the mirror. As I am attempting this, Owen gets under the wall. I grab at his shoe, but missed by a centimeter. He was off and running. So I open my door a crack and try to lure him back in with my phone. He was slowly walking towards me and I thought I had won, when he took a sharp right turn and ran into the store out of the dressing area. So what's a mother to do but chase down her son. Her extremely fast wiggly son. So I run out and I am darting in between clothing racks trying to capture him. All whilst wearing a very non flattering bikini. Yikes. Don't worry the story gets worse. So we go back in and I get dressed, look at the awesomely beautiful pictures of me in swimsuits and decide to just get one and go. We check out and I decide, hey there's Old Navy why not stop there too. So buckle Owen up, drive to Old Navy, unbuckle Owen. Go in and walk around. Owen was getting fussy as it was his naptime but I just didn't want to sit at home like I do every day so I grab his binkie and walk around. Nothing was tickling my fancy so I decided to leave. Go out to the car, buckle Owen up. He is being fussy again and I realize he must have left his binkie in the store. Unbuckle Owen, go back into Old Navy, walk around and find his binkie (I had just bought them and was so sick of wasting money just to have him throw them wherever he pleases). Go out to the car, buckle Owen up. Look for my phone and it's gone. GONE! The pictures of me in swimsuits, gone with the phone!! Double Yikes. Quickly unbuckle Owen run back into Old Navy. Searched everywhere but no phone. Checked with the front desk/customer service and no phone had been turned in. I decided to go back to Kohls because I could have left it there too. Go out to the car, buckle Owen, drive to Kohls, unbuckle Owen. Did I mention how annoying it is to buckle and unbuckle a child a million times. Go into Kohls check the dressing rooms and by the swimsuits. Not there. Check customer service, not there either. I asked if I could leave my husbands phone number with them in case it got turned in so I left Lee's number. At this point I decided to check Old Navy one more time. So out to the car we go. Buckle Owen up, drive to Old Navy, unbuckle Owen. I go back in for the 3rd or 4th time and still no phone. I asked if I could leave Lee's number there too and they let me. So I finally gave up and decided to head home. Go back, buckle Owen up and drive home. Needless to say I still have no phone. Don't know who or where it is. And on it, are some very embarrassing pictures of me in swimsuits. Let's hope they don't end up on the internet somewhere. I hope the phone got run over!

5 comments:

Adria said...

oh that story made me laugh, i'm sure you didn't look bad in the suit! such a great idea by the way with taking pictures so you can look at them...i'm totally doing that tomorrow when i try to find a suit that fits my top heavy body:) hopefully the phone turns up and your picture on the internet doesn't!

us said...

lol.. thats funny! Dont you just LOVE having a toddler that wants to go-go-go 24/7? Sometimes I wonder why my day consists of following my boy around, picking up his tornado of a mess. BUT.. its of course worth every second!
That sux about your phone, atleast you're trying on bikinis!! Never again for me.

Celeste said...

I am a FIRM believer of using the carts with buckles for the kids -- you should have called me...we would have met you out there - then you wouldn't have to run up and down the store in a swim suit!!! HA HA HA HA HA!!! Just the visual is hilarious! That sucks about your phone. I hope you either find it, or get a cool new one

ashlee thompson said...

I just had to laugh! Hope your phone turns up.

Michelle said...

Baaa haaa haa! I came to see if you had posted about that experience, because you DIDN'T ANSWER when I called. What a jerk. You have no excuse, it's not like your phone got picked up by some dirty old man or anything. JK. That is the best story I have ever heard. I could read it again and again. Luckily you have a little skinny body and probably looked great running around. And you got a workout taking Owen in and out of the car so many times. Thanks for the laugh.