Tomorrow, my baby turns 2! Wow that went fast. I love him with my entire being. It is amazing to realize after you have kids just how much parents truly love their kids. It is an unremarkable love. There is NOTHING I wouldn't do for that boy! I am so thankful I am his mommy and I just love when he runs through the house yelling "mommy" or when he gives me a big hug or wet kiss. I know that I am his number 1 but it's ok because he is mine! (don't tell Lee!). haha. Owen has been such a light and joy in my life and changed me for the better permanently. It breaks my heart to see him grow up but it makes me so happy and excited at the same time. The other day he actually started to pronounce his name correctly. Before it was EeeO but he started saying Owen and I cried. It is probably just the pregnancy hormones but as he progresses and becomes independent it shows me how big he truly is becoming. When we switched him to a toddler bed I cried. Yep, it must be the pregnancy hormones. Anyways I just love Owen more than words or actions could ever say. I am bursting at the seams with love for him! Unfortunately, Owen is sick for his birthday. So we are going to celebrate Friday night with my family taking him bowling. We were supposed to do it tonight but since he is coughing and has a fever we are postponing until Friday. Then Saturday, Lee's parents will come down and we will probably go to the dinosaur museum. I am a dummy and thought his parents were coming down last Saturday so I made a bunch of cupcakes that we ended up sharing with friends since they didn't come down and then today I made another cake for tonight that we aren't using either since Owen is sick. So I will have made 3 cakes for him by Friday and hopefully he will be able to actually eat one. haha Oh well. I am sick of making cakes though! :)
Anyways, I love my baby Owen more than life itself and I am so thankful for the best past 2 years!
Monday, February 22, 2010
Happy Birthday Owen!
Posted by Melanie at 6:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment