Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Road Rage

Tonight as I was leaving the gym I went to pull out of my parking spot. Picture this: I am in a little Honda Accord and to the right of me is a giant suburban poking really far out. As I get in, I realize that I can not see a dang thing to my right from the suburban so I start to pull out very slowly to make sure I don't hit anyone or anything heading from that direction. When I am finally pulled out enough to see, my car was basically blocking the lot from either direction. I notice that a car was heading my way from the right but since I was already most of the way out and couldn't see to begin with I continue pulling out. The car stops. Starts frantically flashing its brights at me and honking uncontrollably. I thought that maybe I was going to run into someone so I stop my car and look around. I don't see anything and the car continues to go wild. So I just continue backing up...extra slow just in case I am going to run into something. All this took about 10 seconds...max. From the time I started pulling out to now. When I finally straighten my car out to pass the car, it swerves around me really fast and the lady driving had the most twisted, anger, hatred, furious consorted look I have ever been given. Not to mention that I could see her face. Screaming. At me. Seriously? She continues to scream and drive by very very quickly. Now, whether she or I had the right of way is not the issue. The fact is that don't you think common sense and not to mention courtesy would tell you, "Oh, this lady can't see because of the giant suburban blocking her view". This outraged lady seriously could not wait 10 damn seconds for me to pull out? Of course, the entire time I am in shock because it was only a few seconds and this lady was acting like I had run over her first born.
Some people need to just get a grip.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I just got road rage reading that, What a maniac!

Anonymous said...

i hate people like that! i just had a simalar thing happen the other day... if they only new how stupid they really looked