Wednesday, June 2, 2010

2 week checkup

Well today was Calvin's 2 week checkup. He is a few days over but whatever. Anyways, no wonder he eats like it's going out of style. He is up almost a pound from birth!

7 lbs 14 oz (20-25%)
20 1/2 inches (50%)
His head was like 30% I don't remember the numbers
On to Owen...wow, the boy amazes me every day! He is adjusting like a champ (with a little, or a lot of help from Woody and Buzz). He has been letting me take care of Calvin and growing up. he has turned into a boy from a baby, makes me feel so happy and sad. Just so you don't think I have forgotten about him...here are some fun things about Owen lately-
  • He is literally obsessed with Toy Story and Wall-E. I have watched them hundreds of times in the past month! It has been a life saver at the end of my pregnancy and for recovery.
  • He can literally correctly point and name more trucks than me. Trucks I didn't even know existed. It is so cute to hear him point out all the construction trucks. He is so smart!
  • He is doing so well with Cal. He likes to try to pick him up and whenever he gives him hugs they are a little too tight. At least its hugs and kisses and not hits and bites!
  • His new favorite food is waffles with syrup and butter and speaking of...
  • He loves butter. One day I was feeding Calvin upstairs and he wandered downstairs. I hurried to finish and went down to find Owen had pushed the chair to the counter, opened up our cabinets, found Teddy Grahams and was dipping them in butter. And when I say dipping...I mean there was like 4 inches of butter on each teddy graham! Yuck! He also likes to just dip his fingers in and eat it and say "yum" (although I do recall me doing the same thing as a child). Of course I am not encouraging this. It usually is when I am in the other room or my back is turned and I turn to find him in the butter.
  • He has been obsessed with playing in the water. I wish he couldn't climb or push chairs to the counters! We finally bought him a little water table that has all these cool toys to play in the water and a track going around. He is loving it!

2 comments:

Lee Jacobs said...

I love all those things about Owen too!!! Crazy!

lisa said...

Loving butter must be hereditary. You almost ate a whole stick of blue bonnet. How fun it is to read about all the cute things the boys are doing. Keep writing. Love you, mom