5 more weeks! 35 more days! wooooo! I went to my doctor last Friday and he said that he will induce me on May 17 so exactly 5 weeks from today. It is only 6 days early but hey, that is better than being late! Plus, I may go on my own before then so every night I pray that I go early! haha. Since I have felt like I have been so negative I am going to post a few things that I am so thankful for!
1. I just love my doctor, he listens to me and cares and truly tries to help me out. I know some people think doctors are terrible and just want to do C-sections and that hospitals are out to get you...but I don't feel that way at all! I am so thankful for my doctor and I am so thankful for hospitals and modern medicine. I am truly amazed at how many babies and women are saved thanks to modern medicine! (I am not trying to offend anyone that chooses to do natural childbirth. I have many friends and family that do it that way, I just personally love my doctor!)
2. Exercise. Nothing in the world makes me feel quite like I do when I am being active and healthy. Unfortunately, I have a really hard time with the fact that I CAN'T work out to the degree I fully enjoy but I am so thankful that I have a body that can run and walk and play with my kids. And I am also thankful that I will be able to work out again here in a few months!
3. My beautiful little family makes me so happy. I love to sit by the baby monitor and listen to Lee read Owen books before bed. He is such a good father and husband and puts up with so much from me being so hormonal and ornery. And little Owen, well every little thing he does makes me beam with happiness. I can't even imagine that I will feel this way about another!
4. This past Saturday I taught my regular weights/toning class at the gym. Earlier in the week, a lady that comes to quite a few of my classes told me that she had a gift for me. I assumed it was probably like a little outfit or something small and of that nature. But on Saturday, in she walks with a giant bag. Inside were 4 outfits, 3 onesies, a baby blanket, a baby towel, and some bibs. All brand new. I of course could not believe it because it probably cost her at least $50 for all these things. I kept telling her Thank you and then she left. Well after she had left I found a card inside the bag that said Congratulations, it's a boy! When I opened the card there was $100 cash! I am so grateful because we really need all the extra we can get right now to finish buying up a few things and saving money for the baby. I am truly amazed at some people's generosity!
Monday, April 12, 2010
a few things I am grateful for!
Posted by Melanie at 12:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't pray for him to come too early! You are about where I was when I had Cassidy 35 weeks. That is so nice that lady gave you that gift how wonderful!
Hang in there! That sweet baby will be here before you know it, and on nights that he won't sleep you will wish he were still in your belly. You are a darling pregnant lady even if you don't feel it. love you, mom
Post a Comment