I will be using pregnancy terms so if you feel it is TMI or don't want to know, don't read.
Today I had my 37 week checkup. Normally my doctor doesn't actually "check" until your 38 weeks unless you ask and as I can not contain my excitement and anxiety (and my many sharp pains down there) I asked him to check me today. I technically am not 37 weeks until Sunday but hey, it's close enough. I found out I am dilated to a "loose 1" but I am 80% effaced (meaning my cervix is thinned out 80%). Basically I know this means nothing and in no way predicts labor, but it sure is nice to know that these pains are doing something and I am that much closer to birth! My next appointment isn't until May 10 and then I asked to be induced on the 17th if I haven't gone into labor by then. That is only 6 days early by the way. So only 2 more weeks from Monday at the most!
I also bought new baby bedding. I originally had found one online that was cheap and cute but mostly due to money I decided to get it. Found out the wrong way that cheap is cheap. The blanket literally almost ripped to shreds when I washed it. The fabric was cheap and crinkled and would not iron out though I ironed for hours, the bumper pad shrunk so it wouldn't fully fit the crib and when I set it all up, it just bugged me. Sure it was still cute enough but I really didn't like it and was irritated about everything. Plus it came with decorative wall hangings that looked too much like pot holders for me to even hang up. So, I did what I should have done in the beginning and bought the bedding I originally liked. As soon as I got it home, I knew I made the right decision. Call me hormonal but the bedding has been a big issue for me this pregnancy for some reason. When I got it up I immediately felt better and a big weight was lifted off my shoulders. Wierd, I know. It is funny the things the I obsess over when I pregnant. Particularly cleaning. I think I take out my anger and frustration on whatever I am cleaning and nobody cleans anything right. I made Lee mop our front area 3 times before I got mad and just did it myself. I have almost wiped down every baseboard and wall and cabinet in our house. I know I am in the nesting stage and I just need to do it myself. Poor Lee tries to help out but it just bugs me because I WANT to do it and I know I will do it right and mostly I just NEED to do it alone. Not that he does it wrong, but as far as nesting goes, only I can do it right. Do I sound crazy yet because I sure feel it.
Anyways, I am a crazy. And I am 9 months pregnant. And I am hormonal because that's just how I am when I bake babies. And I don't even know if I can stand 2 more weeks.
AND...I gained 3 pounds in 1 week...bummer
Let's all just pray that I wake up in exruciating labor pains and go all on my own before the 17!
Friday, April 30, 2010
37 week checkup
Posted by Melanie at 7:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh mel, you make me laugh.... I so know how you feel! two weeks is so soon, I'm so excited for you!
You never know, my last Dr appointment I was dialated to a 1 and 80% effaced and two days later my baby was born! Your almost there hang in there!
Post a Comment